Consult with a Trusted Obstetrician in the Melrose, MA, Area
If you are searching for an experienced obstetrician in the Melrose, Massachusetts, area, you can confidently turn to Tufts Medical Center Community Care. Our multispecialty medical group features a growing team of obstetricians and other women’s health specialists who provide compassionate and personalized care. And with easily accessible locations and better-than-average appointment availability, we make it simple to find the right obstetrician close to home.
What does an obstetrician do?
An obstetrician is a medical doctor who is uniquely trained to help women throughout pregnancy, childbirth and the months and years that follow. For example, an obstetrician will assist a pregnant patient by:
- Providing expert advice about pregnancy-safe diets, exercises and medications
- Keeping tabs on her health as well as the health of the baby through routine tests, measurements and ultrasounds
- Treating motion sickness, heartburn and other health issues that often arise during pregnancy
- Checking for conditions that may pose a risk to her or the baby’s health, such as diabetes and high blood pressure
- Preparing her for the labor and delivery process
At Tufts Medical Center Community Care, our obstetricians provide labor and delivery services at MelroseWakefield Hospital. We can also provide comprehensive postpartum care to help you navigate the health challenges that may come after childbirth. What’s more, our obstetricians collaborate with gynecologists, general practitioners, neurologists, maternal-fetal medicine specialists, neonatologists and other specialists to ensure a full spectrum of easily accessible care to women and their babies.
Take the next step
Tufts Medical Center Community Care is here to help you throughout your pregnancy journey. To schedule an appointment with an obstetrician on our team, contact us today or reserve an appointment online. We are proud to serve women and families throughout Melrose and surrounding communities.